Mortgage Homeowners Assistance
COVID-19 Temporary Assistance
We are taking action to help make sure homeowners who are impacted by COVID-19 are able to stay in their homes during this challenging time. This includes offering temporary mortgage payment relief options for those who are unable to make their mortgage payments due to a decline in income.
All Other Mortgage Assistance:
We determine eligibility for a loan workout on single family loans (1 to 4 units) on a case-by-case basis. Among other things, we will consider the value of your property and your ability (based on your current income) to make monthly mortgage payments in accordance with the workout.
We have several workout options that may be available to you. These may include a Repayment Plan, Forbearance Agreement, or Loan Modification. If you are interested in exploring any of these options, you will need to provide us with certain financial information, including the following:
- Written statement explaining the cause of your financial hardship and request for a loan workout.
- Mortgage Assistance Application Form signed and dated by all borrowers.
- Copy of the 2 most recent pay stubs indicating year-to-date earnings.
- Copy of the most recent filed and signed Federal Tax Returns with all schedules.
- Taxpayer Consent Form signed and dated by all borrowers.
- Copies of your last 2 months of bank statements, all your checking (personal and business), savings, retirement and/or investment accounts.
- If you are self-employed or own rental property, please provide copies of your most recent filed tax return and signed (for both personal and business). If your taxes have not been filed for the last year, you will need to provide a copy of the most recent quarterly or year-to-date profit and loss statement signed by the preparer.
- Each borrower who has rental income will need to provide a schedule of all your owned real estate including a copy of the current month's rent roll and year-to-date property operating statement for each property.
- Please note that additional documents may be required. If you have other types of income or have questions about the documentation required, please contact us.
Although you requested a loan workout, we must continue with our collection efforts. Once we receive all of the financial information requested, we will contact you to discuss available options.
If you would like to discuss your options to avoid foreclosure with us, please call us at 877.392.6868.
If you have a workout package ready to submit, for quicker assistance, email it to us at SpecialServicing@eastwestbank.com.
Fax number: 626.242.9570 | Mailing address: East West Bank, P.O. Box 60020, City of Industry, CA 91716
You may also contact the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to find a HUD certified housing counseling agency by calling 800.569.4287. Additional information is made available by HUD on its website at http://www.hud.gov.