Report Fraud, Phishing & Email Scams
We would like to alert you about a current phishing scam directed at online banking users. The scam targets users by sending emails that appear to be from an official source and are designed to trick the recipient into clicking a link in the email for the purpose of acquiring sensitive data, such as passwords or financial information.
The phishing emails claim to be from East West Bank and advise recipients to update account information by clicking a link that goes to a fraudulent website. We did not send this email. We do not use emails to request personal information or update security tools.
Please be advised to NEVER click links or install programs suggested in emails, even if the email appears to be from an official or familiar source. We will never send client emails containing links to download software or applications.
Please immediately delete emails such as these, and be careful not to take the actions requested.
- Don't click on any links within an email asking you to access your account or to verify PIN numbers, passwords or other sensitive information.
- If you get an email that appears to be from East West Bank asking you to log-in or for other information, immediately contact our Customer Support Center to report the incident. Be prepared to forward a copy of the message to them for review if requested to do so.
- If you or someone in your family mistakenly follows a link and provides sensitive information, immediately contact us so that we can monitor your account or change your account number.
- Remember, the thief copies text and images from banking websites to make the emails look authentic and fool people into providing sensitive information.
Never give out your personal or account log-in information after following a link from an e-mail, even as "identity verification" for a contest. Attackers frequently use such tactics to lure you into giving up identifying information.
REPORT PHISHING AND EMAIL SCAMS
If you receive a suspicious email message that says it's from East West Bank, do not respond to it or click on any links within the email or the attachments.
Never respond to emails from suspicious or unknown senders or click on any links or attachments. If you receive a suspicious email that appears to be from East West Bank, forward the email immediately to email@example.com.
Once you report the phishing email, further action will be taken to investigate the phishing attack and attempt to block it.
If you click on any link within the fraudulent email and enter your information by mistake and believe that your account and personal information has been compromised, please report the incident by contacting us immediately:
- For consumer customers: Please contact Customer Service Center at 888.895.5650, Monday through Friday from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm PT and Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm PT, or email us here.
- For business customers: Please contact Commercial Banking Customer Service at 888.761.3967, Monday through Friday from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm PT, or email us here.
- Or contact the nearest banking center.
Other ResourcesGiving the Bounce to Counterfeit Check Scams
Filing a Complaint with the FTC ID Theft
Visit the Security Center
Stay Safe Online
Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity Site
Inform Us Immediately!Report Fraud, Phishing & Email Scams
If you believe your information has been compromised and/or you have been a victim of fraud, it is important that you contact us immediately: